With this ten guidelines let your Christmas be more meaningful:
- Thou shall not leave "Christ" out of Christmas, making it "Xmas."
- Thou shall prepare thy soul for Christmas. Spend not so much on gifts that thy soul is forgotten.
- Thou shall not let Santa Claus replace Christ, thus robbing the day of its spiritual reality.
- Thou shall not burden the shop girl, the mailman, and the merchant with complaints and demands.
- Thou shall give thyself with thy gift. This will increase its value a hundred fold, and he who receiveth it shall treasure it forever.
- Thou shall not value gifts received by their cost. Even the least expensive may signify love, and that is more priceless than silver and gold.
- Thou shall not neglect the needy. Share thy blessings with many who will go hungry and cold unless thou are generous.
- Thou shall not neglect thy church. Its services highlight the true meaning of the season.
- Thou shall be as a little child. Not until thou has become in spirit as a little one art thou ready to enter into the kingdom of Heaven.
10. Thou shall give thy heart to Christ. Let Him be at the top of thy Christmas list.
Original author unknown