The Modern Moral Code
Have We lost our Moral Values in this Fast Modern life ?
I would have to say yes.
There seems to be a "new moral code" which is not in agreement with traditional moral values.
For example: let's take a look at the 10 Commandments.
1. Thou shalt have no gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord's name in vain
4. Keep holy the day of the Sabbath.
5. Honour thy mother and father.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s goods, nor his wife.
Here's the new "moral code."
1. Faith in God is not that important.
Wealth, sexual desires, food, appearance, and anything else you like is much more important that God, your Creator and Sustainer.
2. Let's draw God and worship our idols.
3. It's okay to say "Oh my GOD!" as long as you don't really mean it.
4. We don't have to remember our Lord and thank Him. Not even once a week.
5. Parents? Ugh, they're so annoying. I know that they want the best for me, but I don't care.
6. Abortions are okay, because it's the woman's choice. Not the child's choice, though, right?
7. Sex outside of marriage is okay, just as long as "you're in love."
Because sex outside of marriage is totally free of the risks of STDs, pregnancy, emotional instability, vulnerability, a damaged relationship with God, a secret to keep from your parents. Of course.
8. --> "Everyone lies. It's okay. It was just a little white lie." This is the mentality we have today. Disgusting, don't you think?
9. It's okay to lie once in a while. It's actually healthy.
10. You can be jealous, envy all you want. Just don't act on it.
This is what we've become.
I feel very very sad for our posterity and also for ourselves.
In this fast-paced life, we've forgotten God.