The Bible lists some specific sins which defile us:
1. IDOLATRY OR SPIRITUAL HARLOTRY. Christians are referred to as the Bride of Christ. When our hearts go after
other lovers (gods), we commit the sin of spiritual adultery. Idolatry can also be an image, an idea or a picture in our
minds of how we think things ought to go. (Ezekiel 20:7, 18, 30; 23:30, 38; 5:11;36:18; 22:4; Hosea 5:3; 6:3; Jeremiah
2:20-27; Revelation 14:3-4).
2. SEXUAL SIN (adultery, fornication, bestiality, incest, molestation, inappropriate touch, lust, etc.) (Genesis 34:2-5, 13;
Numbers 5:12-14,20,27-29; Deuteronomy 24:4; Leviticus18:20-24, 28, 30; Ezekiel 22:10-12; 23:7, 13,30,38; 33:36).
3. EATING FOOD SACRIFICED TO IDOLS or any sin against a weaker person or child (wounds) imprints the conscience
and cause the person to pattern after the perpetrator. (I Corinthians 8:10-12).
4. A ROOT OF BITTERNESS. We defile others and others defile us with a root of bitterness. (Hebrews 12:15).
5. TOUCHING THE DEAD, THE BONES OF THE DEAD OR GRAVES. We are kings and priests. In the Old Testament
the children of Israel were not allowed to touch the dead except in certain burial situations. But even then they had to go
through ceremonial cleansing. It has been my experience in ministering deliverance that demons from the dead are
transferred to the living in this way. (Leviticus 21:1, 3-5, 11; Numbers 19:13-20; Ezekiel 44:25).
6. THE TONGUE. The words we speak or the words others speak over us. (Matthew 15:11; Mark 7:15, 20-21; James 3:6;
Proverbs 12:18; 15:4; 17:20; 18:6,21; 21:23).
7. CAUSING SONS AND DAUGHTERS TO PASS THROUGH THE FIRE through not training them up in the way they
should go. Also through not properly loving, protecting, nurturing them (Leviticus 20:3-4; Ezekiel 20:31).
8. VIOLATING THE LAW OF GOD, WHICH HAS BEEN WRITTEN ON OUR HEARTS. (Romans 1).
9. THROUGH WHAT A PERSON SEES AND HEARS (television, movies, radio, music, pornography, dirty jokes and
stories etc.). The Word of God is seed and words are seeds. We are referred to as soil (Matthew 13; Mark 4; Luke 8). In
Isaiah 5, we are also referred to as the vineyard of the Lord. Deuteronomy 22:9 says, "We are not to plant two kinds of
seed in our vineyard because the bad seed will defile the good". Hosea 10:12 says, "We are to sow with a view to
righteousness". Galatians 6:7-8 says "What a man sows this also he will reap for the one who sows to his own flesh shall
from the flesh reap corruption".
10. THROUGH DREAMING, FANTASY, PRETENDING, WISHING, DENYING TRUTH. (Jude 1:8; Philippians 4:8).
11. OCCULTISM (Leviticus 19:31; II Kings 23:8-16; II Chronicles 36:14-16).
12. MARRYING UNBELIEVERS AND THE COMPROMISE THAT GOES WITH IT. (I Corinthians 6:16-17; II Corinthians
6:14-18; Nehemiah 13:25-29).
13. LISTENING TO FALSE PREACHERS OR TEACHERS AND TO FALSE PROPHETS (Colossians 2:8-9; Ezekiel
13:19-23; Timothy 4:1,2). Sin is at the root of every evil thought.
Deliverance and healing will come when we:
1. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the doorway (sin/sins).
2. Take accountability for whatever happened.
3. Forgive others and/or yourself.
4. Confess your sin to God and ask Him to forgive you of your sin (1 John 1:9).
5. Break soul ties with every person involved.
6. Break generational curses.
7. Ask the Lord Jesus Christ to cleanse and sanctify your conscience from all defilement by His precious blood
8. Submit yourself to God and resist the devil and he will flee from you (James 4:7).
9. Praise Jesus for His deliverance and ask the Holy Spirit to fill you up with Himself.